Want to change your job – and a lot more?
Who are you guys? And what do you do?
We’re How To Impact.
We’re an innovation consultancy. We help our clients change. We come up with new products, business models, brands, services, delivery innovation, and processes… so it’s pretty varied. Think of it as a mix of research, strategy consultancy, design, and branding – but not quite any of them. Come in to meet us and we’ll show you what we mean.
Our work is broad: if today you’ve had a cup of tea or coffee, eaten breakfast, used a computer, taken a photo, watched a film, or just eaten a pizza at home with a beer, you’ll have interacted with one of our clients – and maybe seen some our work.
We want to be known as Australia’s innovation leaders, and we want you to help us get there – if you’re up for the challenge.
What's it like to work here?
We’re a close-knit company that sits within the Deepend group (a full service digital agency). So you’ll be work in a small team – with all the exposure and responsibility you can handle – as well as getting lots of the benefits of being in a bigger company.
You’ll get a fast-track entry into the world of innovation consultancy, and we’ll give you the best direct industry training to support you in becoming a future innovation leader.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for:
- Innovation strategists who can identify and act on inspiring insights
- Hands-on exponents of experience design and familiarity with UX strategy
- Switched on intellectual sparring partners – able to think laterally, analytically and quickly
- Innovators who can demonstrate they’re already plugged into what we do – through contacts and networks in the world of innovation and related worlds
- Creative thinkers who can take project teams into difficult challenges, and entertain a positive spirit of ambiguity when necessary and certainty when required
- Genuine students of innovation – from observers of trends, to avid students of particular innovation writers, or those who are actually studying innovation in an academic setting
- Compelling communicators and facilitators who can build compelling written arguments as well as think on their feet
1. Co-plan and run innovation projects from disruptive thinking, to experience design and rapid prototyping:
- Plug into innovation projects as the strategic smarts between project leader and project managers
- Display a discovery mindset and an understanding of how to explore Desirability, Viability and Feasibility (DVF)
- Generate growth strategies, original solutions and implementation plans
- Empathy skills and the ability to unearth innovation insights
- Plug into UX and experience design
- Flexibility across strategic workshops, rapid prototyping and disruptive innovation
…but roll your sleeves up and get stuff done
- With project managers, build our network of internal and external innovation ecosystems
- Be curious and help challenge & stretch thinking through facilitated sessions and persuasive documentation
- Plan & run consumer insight sessions
- Desire to test & learn and ‘be’ the user
2. Client nurture:
- Help to grow client relationships into client partnerships that involve innovation discussions at a deeper
- Push beyond our existing briefs
- Coach/train clients through collaborative working
3. Support our company development and business development drive:
- Develop thought leadership content for profile-building
- Manage proposal development process and presentations to follow up on existing leads and establishing client and industry contacts
- Looking to generate new opportunities, networks and collaborations wherever possible
4. IP and capability:
- Support role in innovation training, using existing and bespoke content
- Add value to existing IP base & lead embedding of rapid prototyping in IP and training materials
- Look for opportunities to extend our offer
To apply, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiters need not apply.